At Morley Meadow, we aim to provide a PE curriculum that enables pupils to:
- enjoy and experience a range of activities that help them to develop their health, fitness and wellbeing.
- inspire ALL pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities.
- provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- provide opportunities to compete in sport and other activities that build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
- to participate in physical activity which takes account of individual interests and needs.
The National Curriculum will provide a structure for the PE curriculum being taught throughout the school, which is linked, where possible to the theme topics to provide a creative scheme of work, which reflects a balanced programme of study. It will ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- are physically active for sustained periods of time.
- engage in competitive sports and activities.
- lead healthy, active lives.
See our full statement in the attachment below.
To view our online 'Sporting Activities' gallery please click HERE